To support your studies in Singapore many grants and scholarships are available from different organizations. These grants and scholarships can support you financially. Some of the grants and scholarships are:
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (MFA) DUO FELLOWSHIP¬
This fellowship is offered by Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs once a year. It is meant for students applying for exchange with partner universities in ASEM countries. For a list of countries and more information, please refer to www.mfa.gov.sg Please take note that Norway and Switzerland are not ASEM member countries.
The SMU DUO application is ONCE a year and will be open on 15 January 2005 and close on 13 March 2005 for both incoming and outgoing students.
You can download your application form from http://www.mfa.gov.sg/duo/. Please submit your application personally or by airmail to SMU Office of International Relations (OIR) by the deadline. All SMU outgoing applicants need to show your original certificates for verification by OIR when you apply.
You will be notified of the application result at the end of May or early June. If you are successful in your application, DUO Fellowship will be credited into your account in two sums, one before you start your exchange studies and another during your exchange studies in a host country. The details of which will be stated in the letter sent by MFA in June.
Application Check List
You will need following documents to apply for this fellowship:
- DUO-Singapore Exchange Fellowship Award Application Form (available at http://www.mfa.gov.sg/duo/)
- Short essay of no more than 500 words about your interest in this award
- Certified copies of your educational certificates
- Your latest university academic transcript
- Certified copies of academic and financial awards in the last 3 years
- Certified copies of your immediate family members’ latest Notice of Assessment from Singapore Inland Revenue Authority (for SMU outgoing students only). You can also submit your family member’s pay slip or CPF statement as other supporting documents, but they should not serve as replacement for Notice of Assessment.
- Certified copies co-curricular activities if any
- Passport or IC copies
CITY UNIVERSITY HONG KONG FINANCIAL AID¬
HK$5,000 (Approx. S$1,000) is awarded base on financial needs.
CITIBANK STUDY ABROAD LOAN¬
The Citibank Study Abroad Loan with a quantum of up to S$10,000 is available to full-time SMU undergraduates. The loan is interest-bearing. However, during the student’s course of study with SMU, interest will be paid by SMU. Repayment of the loan can be made by equal monthly installments one month after graduation date. Please click here for application form, eligibility criteria and further details.
DELOITTE & TOYCHE INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE SCHOLARSHIP¬
Deloitte & Touché has setup an Exchange Scholarship Fund to assist needy local full-time BACC students to fulfill their wishes of participating in an exchange program overseas. Three scholarships are awarded annually, each valued at S$4,000.
OTHER OVERSEAS (NON-EXCHANGE) PROGRAM FINANCIAL AID¬
Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI) Singapore Foundation Scholarship
The Japanese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (JCCI) Singapore Foundation offers a one-year, fully sponsored, no-bond scholarship to Waseda University for a year. For more information and application form, please visit http://www.jcci.org.sg/.