mobile-iconCALL US+91-9878633378

Faq’s Canada

Universities are educational institutions attended after at least 12 years of school, or after secondary school, for studies leading to a degree and research. All Canadian Universities offer four year bachelors degree programs; most offer one to two years master’s degree and a number also offer doctoral or PhD programs.

Bachelors Degrees can be granted by Universities, some colleges and some Institutes in Canada. Community colleges are two-year institutions that offer technical or vocational courses or courses for transfer to a university, leading to a certificate or diploma. These colleges do not generally offer degree programs.

Yes, you can in certain circumstances. However, when applying for a student authorization you must be able to prove to the visa officer that you have enough finances to support yourself for the entire length of your study program. International students can work on the University/College campus, where as off campus work is permitted only after 6 months. Full-time students can work in their institutions without the need for an employment authorization. International students can work up to 20 hours per week during their studies and 40 hours per week during vacation. They can earn approximately C$ 6 – C$ 10 per hour. Students can work full time off campus during co-op terms and can earn approximately C$ 10 – C$ 15 per hour, amounting to C$ 400 to C$ 1,000 per month.

You are allowed to work in Canada for 1 to 2 years after completing your academic program depending on which province you study in.

Colleges offer a wide variety of Career-oriented programs like Advance Diplomas/ Diplomas/ Certificates. These programs are specially designed to give students the opportunity to learn and develop many marketable skills in their preferred career. It emphasizes on the technical aspects providing hands-on experience and fundamentals of the program. These programs give the students a practical background that employers demand and helps them get jobs easily. It may often happen that students who have completed a vocational program may get better jobs/salaries than those who have studied in a University Degree Program.

Yes. Health Insurance is mandatory. You will have to arrange for medical coverage before you arrive in Canada. Medical coverage varies from province to province, and sometimes from university to university within each province. Most of the Institutes have health insurance included in their tuition fees. You may also take health insurance from India.

If you want to work in Canada after you complete your academic program you must apply for their  own work permit. Your Spouse Permit will be valid for the same period that you are authorized to study in Canada.

If you want to work in Canada after you complete your academic program you must apply for a work permit under the Post Graduate Work Permit program. It allows you to gain valuable Canadian Work experience in the field of your specialization. This program allows all participants to work up to 1 year in Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver areas or 2 years else where in Canada. Work Permit under the ‘Post Graduate Wok Permit Program’ cannot be valid for a longer period than the length of your Studies.

If you wish to extend your student authorization, you can do so within Canada. Contact the nearest Canadian Immigration Centre ot least 2 months before the expiry of your authorization.