mobile-iconCALL US+91-9878633378

NEW-ZEALAND Visa Application


International students who have graduated from a course that would gain points under Skilled Migrant Category are eligible for a six-month open work permit.

Once Graduates have gained work this way, they can go on to apply for either a post-study 1 year work permit or, proceed directly to apply for residency under the Skilled Migrant Category.

Students are eligible to work up to 20 hours a week.

Anyone undertaking a course of 12 months or more are able to apply to work full-time over the summer holidays.

Partners of students studying in areas of absolute skill shortage and partners of all postgraduate students are able to apply for an open work permit valid for the duration of the student’s course of study


For entry to under-graduate programs, Universities look at higher first division ranging from 80-85% and institutes of technology are comparatively flexible offering a place with 60% (approx.) for a Bachelor’s program (except MIT and UNITEC). An IELTS of 6.0 is required for admission into these programs. Entry to post-graduate programs requires a higher level of English, normally IELTS 6.5 (different universities have specific sub-score requirement), and acceptable proof that the academic requirements have been met by way of previous qualifications and study. A number of professional courses will have higher entry standards because of the limited capacity. Appropriate work experience can be a factor for prospective MBA students.

New Zealand provides high quality of education and requires the students, taking admissions into the universities/institutes, with at least first division in the qualification on the base of which they want to apply further.

*Different universities and institutes have specific sub-score requirements for English language.


Most Bachelor degrees take three years of study and each degree consists of a prescribed number of units, papers or courses at each level of study. Grades given in tests, assignments and practical work count towards the final grade and most courses will have a final three-hour written examination. An Honors Degree will take another year of study apart from three years of Bachelor Degree. A post-graduate diploma will normally take one year of study after completion of a Bachelor degree and a Master degree normally requires two years of study after the Bachelor degree. It may be possible to gain cross credits towards a degree from previous overseas study where this study is accepted as relevant. Students who already have an undergraduate or bachelor degree may be required to study towards a Graduate Diploma as a first step to confirm their academic level before proceeding to post-graduate studies. The academic year is from mid/late February to early November and most Universities have 2 semesters. Each University operates slightly different semester dates and some Universities also now offer summer school in the main holiday period in January/February.