mobile-iconCALL US+91-9878633378

Faq’s United Kingdom

The academic year in UK begins in end September/ early October.
For Undergraduate entry:
Applications should be made through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) a centralized clearing agency. UCAS forms are available from Alliance Abroad offices and our counsellors can help you fill them up. Students should submit their filled up application for before 15 March of the previous year.
For Postgraduate entry:
Most of the UK universities/ colleges do not have any deadlines for postgraduate courses. The best time to apply is in October/December. Contact your nearest Alliance Abroad office for more details. Alliance Abroad counsellors would make you apply to the University of your choice.

Yes, you can. UK offers variety of scholarships to Indian students for number of programmes. There are number of regional awards and scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Starting from £500 to full tuition fees scholarships. For details contact your nearest Alliance Abroad office.

Most British institutions require you to prove your proficiency in English if u do not have good scores in English in 10th and 12th standard, then you may be required to either take the IELTS test which is administered regularly by the British Council. Alternatively, the TOEFL is also recognised by British institutions. Contact your nearest Alliance Abroad office for further details. Alliance Abroad counsellors would be happy to assist you if you have any further doubts in this regard.

No, most of the UK universities do not require GMAT. But those cases in which applicant do not have either an honours degree or professional qualification and experience. Then the GMAT is required.

Yes. You can take a sponsorship letter from them indicating the relationship and the extent to which they are prepared to fund your studies. Besides this, they would also be required to show evidence of financial support (e.g. bank statements, salary certificate, their source of income etc.)

Yes, you can. You can choose between campus accommodations as well. This would enable you to use services like library, IT and extracurricular facilities to a great extent.

Yes, you can get part time job in UK. International Students are also allowed to work part-time upto 20hrs, per week during term time and full time during holidays. So you can earn both practical experience and money at the same time. The amount earned varies between £4 to £15 per hour. It acts as an additional pocket money. However, when applying for a visa, students must show evidence of full financial support, to cover their tuition and living costs.

Yes you can. Most of the UK universities offer guaranteed accommodation to all international students

If you are offered a job, your employer has to apply to the Home Office for your work permit. This usually takes three months or more. GMAT score is considered.

There are various constraints that you need to keep in mind when choosing a university:

    • Course content: does it suit your requirements? Is it flexible?
    • Faculty
    • Teaching methodology: this is important particularly for the MBA, and other postgraduate courses.
    • Facilities: library, computers, recreation, social welfare, accommodation etc.
    • International links
    • Size
    • Location