Any foreigner wishing to pursue full-time studies in Singapore in an institution that is registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE); or has obtained approval from the Commissioner, ICA to accept international student, is required to apply for a Student’s Pass.
The following persons are exempted from applying for a Student’s Pass:
- Dependant Pass holders studying in Government, Government-aided, Independent, Kindergartens or Foreign System Schools.
- Immigration Exemption Order holders.
PERMISSION TO WORK IN SINGAPORE¬
Student pass holders are strictly not allowed to engage in any form of employment, business profession or occupation, whether paid or unpaid. This is unless they have the consent in writing of the Director of Immigration. Violators will be prosecuted by law.
If you intend to look for employment after your graduation you must make sure your student pass does not expire. You may then apply for a social visit pass at the Singapore Immigration & Registration approximately 2 weeks before your student pass expires
2 copies of form 16, V103, form V39S and form V39Q must be duly completed and signed by the applicant, local sponsor and school at the relevant sections. (The first set of forms must be original. The second set may be photocopies of the original set)
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs (color/black & white) must be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 16
- the original and a photo copy of the applicant’s official birth certificate
- a photocopy of the applicant’s travel document pages showing his/her full particulars and travel document date of expiry if he/she is not in Singapore
- the local sponsor’s identity card
- an original copy of a letter of acceptance from the school addressed to the ICA , that was issued not more than 1 month from the date of submitting the application for a student pass
SINGAPORE EMBASSY DETAILS IN INDIA¬
Singapore High Commission
Address E-6, Chandragupta Marg
New Delhi – 110 021
New Delhi – 110 021 All individuals who need to appear at the embassy for visa matters should report to gate 6 (visa gate) which is located on Nyaya Marg