mobile-iconCALL US+91-9878633378


Capital Washington DC
Population 290,342,550
Area 9,629,047 sq km
Language English, French, Spanish
Religion Protestant, Roman Catholic
Continent Europe

USA qualifications are recognized and respected throughout the world. Your United States degree will be a strong foundation for building your future, boosting your career and prospects for a higher salary. Quality standards for US institutions are among the best in the world. There are many educational institutions that welcome international students in the US and promises to enhance your qualification.


  • Most of the Universities in USA require TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) for foreign Nationals and GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for both In state and Out state Students.
  • TOEFL is waived for countries whose native language is English Like UK, Australia, Canada…).
  • For Foreign nationals three Letters of Recommendation sealed), copies of Official Transcripts sealed) (Note: Some Universities accept Copies verified by Notary) are required. For Working people they may get two letters from current Employers but generally Letters from Professors are preferred.
  • Most of the Universities require Undergraduate GPA to be 3/4 (US system). It is equivalent to 80/100,12/20*(China) and 1st Division, 65%*(For most Indian University).
  • The Deadline for Fall Semester are from Dec 15 to July. But apply as early as possible. Many decisions are made before the deadline. Foreign nationals may take up to 8 weeks to hear their results. In state students may hear within 5 weeks.


The Financial Aid is provided to comprehensive student.  All aid is based on individual need, educational costs and availability of funds. Awards may consist of scholarships, loans, grants and/or employment. In USA, student can receive aids like TA/RA/Fellowship or GA.

Funds and scholarships are provided in limit. Therefore, students are encouraged to complete their applications early as  priority is given to earlier applications.

Many opportunities for grants for graduate study are available from public and private institutions. Information about these outside sources of funding may be available in a student’s academic department. To assist you in identifying these external sources of financial assistance, we are providing the following information

Students are supposed to get scholarships and aids not only from their respective universities/college, but there are also some external sources for funds. The fund providers are:


Peterson’s Grants for Graduate Study, 4th edition, 1995.

A Selected List of Fellowship and Other Support Opportunities for Advanced Education for United States Citizens and Foreign Nationals, 1993. Information listing a number of grant opportunities. Includes a list of the names (and addresses) of thirty-three publications. This information is no longer available in booklet format. Homepage address is:  or Email address: .

Chronicle Financial Aid Guide, 1996-97, Chronicle Guidance Publications, 1996.

Money for Graduate Students in the Humanities, 1996-98, 1st. ed., Schleicher, Gail A. & R. David Weber, Reference Service Press, 1996.

Scholarships, Fellowships, and Loans 1996: A Guide to Education-Related Financial Aid Programs for Students and Professionals, 11th ed.,  Sandra, ed., Gale Research, 1995.


Dan Cassidy’s Worldwide Graduate Scholarship Directory, 5th Ed., Cassidy, Dan, Career Press, 1995.

The Graduate School Funding Handbook, Hamel, April Vale, University of Philadelphia Press, 1994.

Directory of Financial Aids for Minorities, Schleicher, Gail Ann, Redwood City, California: Reference Service Press, 1997.

The Black Student’s Guide to Scholarships: 600+ Private Money Sources for Black and Minority Students, 4th ed., Madison Books, Lanham, MD, 1996.


Directory of Financial Aids for Women, 1991-92, Schleicher, Gail Ann, 1991, published by Reference Service Press, Redwood City, California.

The Higher Education Money book for Women and Minorities, Bruce- Young, Doris Marie, Young Enterprises, Washington, DC, 1997.


Award for Graduate Students who obtain External Support:  This program provides supplemental research funds for individual students who are successful in obtaining fellowship support for a research project in excess of $6,000 per year from an external agency. Awards are made in the amount of $1,000 for the student and $1,000 to his/her advisor. Appointment to an institutional training grant or the granting of an academic scholarship does not qualify a student for this support program. Money is to be used for research support purposes only.

Requests should be in memo format and addressed to Gloria Heppner, Associate Vice President for Research. Memos should include a brief description of the research project, projected budget, and advisor’s name. Please include a copy of the award verification with the request and deliver to 4032 F/AB or fax to 577-3626.

Spin Searches: SPIN WWW is the World Wide Web version of the Sponsored Programs Information Network database and is currently available to WSU researchers connected to the University network. SPIN WWW contains thousands of federally and non-federally funded research opportunities. The listings are current and include funding opportunities for graduate student research and fellowship information. Instructions for accessing this service and other assistance are available from Vance Brice land in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at 577-2294 or


The cost for Tuition Fees for international students varies from $5000 to $30000 per year. The cost of living in USA depends on location. For example States like Washington, California and area around New York is expensive.

In general Students from countries like India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, China, Vietnam, Taiwan – the cost of living may vary from $4000 to $9000.

It is assumed that students will live in shared Apartments, Live out of Campus and have less Telephone bills and other expenses are at bay. Most of (nearly) all expenses can be met while working on campus Jobs. The hourly pay for on Campus jobs Pay from $5.15 to $15 per hour. Foreign Students can work for 20 hrs per week and 40 hrs per week during summer. Students may be allowed to work out of campus (Internship) after nine months of their arrival at the university.

Students not receiving any aid must come being prepared for tuition fees and Living cost for initial 2-3 months. Also note that the universities of states like Alabama, Texas, Florida etc have always shortage of part time jobs. So students Planning to go to the universities of these states must either have Scholarships or adequate Funds. Its better to contact current students via email for latest information. For many universities students can pay the fees of their last semester even after graduation.